Full Day Tour Uros and Amantani islands
Price per Person: US$ 20.00
Depart from Puno at 7:30am and Finish at 5:30pm
This full day tour offers to visit the Uros floating islands and then continue the trip to big Lake of Titicaca where is located the AMANTANI island of great scenic value due to its location in the immensity of the lake. This trip is very popular for the opportunity to interact with the natives who still maintain their innocence of mind and heart, due to the very simple and quiet lifestyle they lead. The houses are very simple and cozy, all with a view of the Lake, this combination of culture and nature makes this place a charm.
- 7:30 am Pick up from your Hotel in Puno
- Transfer to the main port Puno, where we board a motorboat to start the trip to the Uros Islands (30min trip)
- Arrival to floating islands and meeting with the Uros natives, who share their ancestral experiences with us. (Optional) Opportunity to take a ride on the totora rafts that cross the crystal clear waters of Titicaca.
- We say goodbye to Uros to continue the trip to big part of Lake Titicaca and visit Amantani Island (2 hours and 30 minutes by boat).
- Arrival to Amantani island and walking tour, where we meet with the Quechua families who offer us to visit the island and prepare the (typical) lunch for the visitor.
- Continue walking on the island to visit the village and observe the daily life of these natives. These happy people, proud of their culture and their origin, invite us to appreciate the beauty of the landscape over the immensity of Titicaca.
2:00pm: We finally arrive at the jetty to board our return motorboat.
- Pick up from Hotel in Puno
- Motor boat transport with toilet facilities
- Guided tours in group
- Entrance tickets
- Lunch in Amantany (quinua soup and fried trout)
- Personal expenses
- Optional: ride on reed boat at uros island (pay to natives)
NOTE: In case of arrival to Puno the same day of the Tour, we can pick you up from the bus station.
We recommend this tour to people doing regularly walk.