Tour Chullpas of Sillustani :
Price per Person: US$ 20.00
Depart from Puno at 2:00pm and finish at 5:45pm
SILLUSTANI: It is an archaeological complex that houses immense cylindrical constructions that date back to the Inca period and Qolla that were used as a funerary site.
This place is located on a peninsula surrounded by mountains and wonderful landscapes that stands out for its gigantic towers known as “chullpas” in Quechua language, built by ancient civilizations.
The distance from the city of Puno is 34 km to the Northwest of Lake Titicaca (50 minutes by road) and at an altitude of 3,840 meters above sea level.
It is a magical place that involve us with its charm and energy that fill us with harmony due to the unique landscape surrounded by mountains that are reflected in the Umayo lagoon mirror.
- 2.00pm pick up from Hotel in Puno
- 2:15pm tourist bus transportation from Puno to Sillustani (1 hour trip)
- 3:15pm arrival to Sillustani and start a walking tour at this archaeological decorated with towers (chullpas), cylindrical forms built by ancient civilizations such as the Qollas and the Incas.
When arriving at the top you can appreciate a spectacular landscape of the mountains of the Andes and the Umayo lagoon.
On the return trip to Puno, there is a chance to visit the typical homes of the natives who live in Hatunqolla
After finishing the visit, we will board the return transport to Puno (arrival at 5:45 p.m.)
- Pick up from Hotel in Puno
- Tourist Bus transportation
- Profesional tour guide (english / spanish)
- Entrance tickets.
- Personal expenses or gratitudes
This tour is recommended for people who take walks regularly.